We are seeking a customer-focused individual with strong data processing skills to join DISCO’s growing Professional Services team. In this role, you will consult with customers to prepare data for legal review in DISCO’s ediscovery platform, provide assistance to end-users throughout the legal discovery process, troubleshoot technical issues, and guide customers to use the DISCO platform optimally. You will also provide critical technical input to the Engineering team to diagnose and address platform issues and prioritize enhancements to the product.Your Impact
- You will be part of a technical team who works closely with our clients on all aspects of matter management, data processing, and data manipulation.
- You will work on challenging projects with complex data that requires advanced data analysis and manipulation using industry standard tools.
- You will work closely with our product and engineering teams by providing feedback on technical issues and submitting feature requests on behalf of our clients.
- Coordinate the processing, loading, and exporting of data to and from our ediscovery platform.
- Troubleshoot data issues encountered while working with unstructured data (email, office documents, chats) and structured data (production data).
- Prioritize workload assignments and communicate job status and potential issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manipulate incoming load files manually and programmatically to meet DISCO ingest specifications.
- Perform thorough quality control and validations on all assigned tasks prior to delivery.
- Create custom data productions that conform to client technical specifications.
- Facilitate the administration and tracking of client data and perform periodic audits of the same to ensure that DISCO is in-line with the client’s case requirements and data retention policies.
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within DISCO.
- Handle multiple projects and priorities in a highly time-sensitive environment.
- Proactively contribute to improvements in our product and related documentation.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitor open tickets in Salesforce, contact customers and provide updates in a timely manner.
- Advise DISCO customers on how to best leverage the platform. This will involve the ability to analyze the client’s needs and determine the appropriate course of action, including identifying opportunities for smart workarounds when necessary.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication.
- 3+ years of ediscovery or digital forensics data processing experience with a strong understanding of the ediscovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including data processing, data deduplication, de-nisting, imaging, metadata extraction, load files, and data migration across ediscovery platforms.
- Technical troubleshooting skills to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose various technical issues.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Advanced skills with Excel (vlookups, macros, etc.). Experience using formulas in Excel to manipulate data.
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of electronic production.
- Ability to accurately determine a client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients.
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree: in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience.
- Ability to work from our Austin, TX headquarters.
- Advanced skills in relational databases such as SQL or MS Access preferred.
- Knowledge of EDRM, including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences on the life-cycle of litigation.
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $60 million, for a total of $195 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.