Senior Data Scientist, Healthcare Analytics at Invitae
Invitae envisions a world in which genomic sequencing routinely informs lifelong healthcare decisions. We are committed to enabling the utilization of genomic data in order to improve health, catalyze scientific and medical research, and contribute to improved outcomes for everyone. Invitae is an open, title-free company that operates as a meritocracy. We focus intently on our ability to deliver reliable solutions that contribute to improving people's lives. We have excellent benefits.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Experience Platform product development team. Our team is responsible for delivering transformative technology to create the highest-quality experience for our patients and clinicians, meet the needs of our business operations teams, and achieve the best financial outcomes for the company.
We are responsible for the full product cycle from strategy to execution, and iteration to experimentation. The team uses contemporary human centered design, artificial intelligence, and scalable engineering methods to enable our teams to scale with the exponential growth of our business. We are highly cross-functional, working closely with patients, clinicians, designers, engineers, data scientists, operations teams, and end customers to build the best software products to achieve our mission.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll model and interrogate data to generate insights that guide our product strategy and direction. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will directly impact the lives of patients around the world.
#1 -- You will change patients’ lives on a daily basis.
#2 -- You will have the scale to impact millions.
#3 -- We are on the cutting edge of medicine.
What you will do:
- Model complex processes and event data to extract actionable insights and guide decisions across the business
- Own the analytics mission of a top-priority project with the potential to double revenue
- Help define product and business success metrics by collaborating with product, engineering, design, marketing, and key stakeholders to ensure correct data tracking instrumentation for measurement
Note: This is not an entry level role.
What you bring:
- You bring 5+ years experience in analytic roles focused on business outcomes
- You are an authority on quantitative and qualitative methods for analysis
- You consider the behavioral context of human users
- You understand approaches to causality rather than correlation and have experience modeling data in the context of processes
- You are comfortable with data transformations in SQL, Python, and visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- You can write reproducible analyses with contemporary tools (e.g. Jupyter notebooks)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and leads.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- Self starter with bias toward delivery and business outcomes
- Domain knowledge in medical billing is strongly preferred but not mandatory
- Domain knowledge in business operations and process modeling
- Domain knowledge in medical billing
- Experience with contemporary predictive modeling (e.g. deep learning, bayesian methods)
- Experience with a business intelligence tool such as Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse tools such as Snowflake
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly. If you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.