Senior Data Scientist, Product Analytics, Halp at Atlassian
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world, and our software is used by more than half of the Fortune 100 companies, connecting people with content and co-workers they need to get their jobs done, faster. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity!
Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data? Do you enjoy using data to solve business problems and create customer value? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the HQ of the world's hottest SaaS company? Then this role could be for you!
This role is a unique opportunity to work with a fast-moving team that joined Atlassian via acquisition and is growing quickly. You'll be the first data scientist focused on this product, giving you the opportunity to build the entire analytics architecture from the ground up while working with a small, agile team. At the same time, you'll be able to leverage the resources, brand, and scale of a global Fortune 100 company.
The product you will be focused on is Halp - one of Atlassian's new products. Halp is a conversational ticketing solution for internal IT and operations teams using Slack and Microsoft Teams. The product impacts millions of employees at future-thinking companies like Peloton, Pinterest, and Unity. It is used to dramatically reduce ticket resolution times, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity. Our customers produce millions of interactions with the product every week, creating a treasure trove of valuable data.
In this role you'll get to:
- Own the data analytics efforts for the entire Halp product.
- Build out the data architecture, systems, and dashboards to enable everyone at the company to access and understand Halp's data.
- Work closely with the product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to ensure we are measuring the right things to make data-driven decisions.
- Design targeted explorations of Halp's product data, in order to understand trends, find opportunities, and make recommendations to improve user journeys and customer value
- Drive the measurement culture from understanding the big picture product strategy right down to the experiment implementation details.
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights and recommendations to various levels of leadership to drive critical business decisions
- Be part of building an outstanding analytics culture at Atlassian. Leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proven experience applying your analytics skills to projects which have had a positive impact on company level business and product decisions
- An agile development mentality, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality, balancing "having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Strong ability to communicate, explain complex concepts to diverse audiences, and craft compelling stories
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in using statistics as part of your role (e.g. regressions, A/B tests, forecasting)
- Proficiency in at least one visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, R-Shiny)
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
It's a bonus, but not required, if you have:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Experience in customer and/or product analytics, particularly in delivering outputs that can be used to advance analytics projects across an organization
- Experience in building ETL pipelines using any tools or scripting languages
- Are an active member of the broader analytics and data science community
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or Statistics
More about our team
Product Analytics at Atlassian is an exciting, high growth and evolving space. At our core, we drive value for both our customers and the business by understanding how and why our customers use and love our products. We are a collaborative team of high achievers. We love to explore, challenge and have a lot of fun along the way.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .