Expedia is the global leader in travel. From the practical matters of booking flights, cars, hotels, packages, local activities, or vacation rentals to the realization of dreams and bucket lists, we cover the entire breadth of this deep and varied relationship. We team up with our partners to provide outstanding offers to our customers. Some of our partners are huge brands, and some are individuals with a studio apartment to rent. Our customers are diverse, and we seek to deliver value and a great experience. Our technical challenges are endlessly sophisticated and yet meaningful and exciting.
We are looking for Senior Data Scientists to join our growing team. This position focuses on the measurement and optimization of advertising expenditure. This role will work closely with our marketing team to drive traffic to our e-commerce marketplace. The statistical learning algorithms you develop will affect tens of millions of advertising dollars each year.
What You’ll Do
- Understand media mix modeling, data driven attribution supporting TV, SEM, Podcast, Display, Social. Understand how programmatic marketing advertising works.
- Optimize advertising based on user feedback from online ads.
- Build machine learning-based segmentation/cohort models.
- Develop novel marketing relevant testing strategies with bayesian modeling skills.
- Work on larger programs/initiatives encompassing several projects that have a company-wide impact.
- Apply best-in-class machine learning techniques to solve the business problem at hand.
- Produce novel insights with machine learning to advise company strategy.
- Assist others with data discovery and data preparation phase.
- Help build the core feedback loops to optimize advertising expenditure.
- Work end-to-end on studio projects that you conceive, develop and land as a winner in the company.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's, Master's Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science, analytics and/or engineering fields.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages such as R, Python, or Scala and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Proven knowledge of processing and analyzing large scale data volumes, semi-structured and unstructured data and near real-time throughput.
- Strong database knowledge and expertise in SQL.
- Proven storytelling and presentation skills i.e be able to present business side of the story that data presents to c-team and business leaders.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.
Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com. Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.