Senior Data Scientist at Arrive Logistics (Austin, TX)
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills to an organization undergoing amazing growth and cutting-edge technological transformation! As a data scientist at Arrive, you’ll be joining a ground floor, highly ambitious team for a career-defining opportunity to transform our business from the ground up alongside industry experts. Rarely do you find a job with such a clear opportunity for directly impacting the company’s bottom line in a huge way.
Our preference is for the Senior Data Scientist to be based out of our Austin, TX or Chicago, IL offices, but we are open to considering candidates who live in the following states where we are registered: Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Washington.
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify needs, create hypotheses, investigate data science solutions, test results, and work with engineering to put into production
- Collaborate with Product, User Experience, and Engineering departments to execute the company’s technology and data science roadmap
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle large data sets to identify patterns and develop machine learning models to automate decision-making and generate insights
- Stay abreast of emerging data science research and trends and continuously upskill your capabilities as new methods and techniques are developed
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) and 5+ Years of experience in Data Science role OR Masters/Ph.D. and 3+ Years of experience
- Experience delivering machine learning models and data science solutions using SQL and Python
- Solid knowledge of statistics and experience using machine learning techniques such as random forest and boosted trees for regression and classification
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels
- Experience thriving within an Agile environment
- Experience formulating and solving optimization problems is a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments and specifically with Microsoft Azure tools and technologies is a plus
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry is a major plus
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays & Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX - we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
Covid Response and Flex Policy:
Arrive Leadership continually evaluates the Covid-19 pandemic and makes informed decisions based on applicable regulation, CDC recommendation, best practice, and local impacts of the pandemic. Arrive has implemented a comprehensive and proactive Covid response plan designed for the safety of our employees. This plan includes in-office safety protocol for all employees and a flexible work schedule based on position and tenure.