Senior Data Scientist at Arrive Logistics (Austin, TX)
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Arrive’s core business functions and processes
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify needs, create hypotheses, investigate data science solutions, test results, and work with engineering to put into production
- Collaborate with Product, User Experience, and Engineering departments to execute the company’s technology and data science roadmap
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle large data sets to identify patterns and develop machine learning models to automate decision-making and generate insights
- Stay abreast of emerging data science research and trends and continuously upskill your capabilities as new methods and techniques are developed
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) and 5+ Years of experience in Data Science role OR Masters/Ph.D. and 3+ Years of experience
- Experience delivering machine learning models and data science solutions using SQL and Python
- Solid knowledge of statistics and experience using machine learning techniques such as random forest and boosted trees for regression and classification
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels
- Experience thriving within an Agile environment
- Experience formulating and solving optimization problems is a plus
- Experience working in cloud environments and specifically with Microsoft Azure tools and technologies is a plus
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry is a major plus
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule based on position and tenure.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Get recognized through our employee rewards program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Mondays & Fridays…lunch is on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX - we are in a convenient location close to the airport and downtown.
- Park your car for free on site!
- Sweat it out using local gym discounts or with the team at our onsite gym.
- Maximize your wellness with free counseling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Start your morning with a specialty drink from our fully stocked coffee bar, Broker’s Brew.
- Get paid to work with your friends through our Referral Program!
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.