ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Business Intelligence to develop strategies to effectively leverage data analysis, reporting, planning, and tools for Aceable. You will lead a team responsible for translating data into valuable business insights. In partnership with department leaders, you will help structure how the organization thinks about both short term and long term performance and provide the data to support strategic decisions that drive business value. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will play a critical role in pushing Aceable’s capabilities in leveraging data and insights to help make the right decisions.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TEAM
At Aceable, you will have the opportunity to join a passionate, bright, and driven team that is spearheading data and business intelligence as a core competitive advantage for our business. We value professionals who are curious, organized, motivated, and a strong desire to continue to improve. Our goal is to not only grow the business but help each other develop personally and professionally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead business intelligence projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will inform strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Implement best practices for business intelligence to make sure your team has both a high-quality output with a high volume of throughput
- Partner with stakeholders to meet existing needs, while proactively seeking out opportunities to provide innovative solutions and provide further analytical insight
- Create and execute a roadmap for the business intelligence function ensuring the systems, solutions, and capabilities continue to meet business needs now and in the near future in coordination with Data Engineering
- Oversee the business intelligence request process, track submitted requests to meet deadlines, prioritize among you and the team, and approve of deliverables if needed
- Communicate results and business impact of insights and initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the organization
- Manage and develop a team responsible for maintaining reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Willingness to assist across all levels of the Business Intelligence function to ensure goals are met (remove blockers, adjust/take on additional work, etc.)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of direct work experience with 5+ years experience managing a team
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, and analytical abilities with a high degree of attention to detail and commitment to data accuracy and integrity
- Strong background in data modeling in relational databases
- Strong project management skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing and prioritizing multiple/concurrent projects
- Experience transforming data to build impactful dashboards and inform decision making with the ability to communicate complex data/dashboards to various audiences
- Keen ability to anticipate roadblocks and proactively solve them including developing a roadmap to continue to improve/enhance the operations and function of the department
- Mastery in data visualization tools like Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc. leveraging excellent SQL skills and working the large data sets in databases like Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
- Expertise on web analytics and channel-level marketing measurement, attribution, and reporting leveraging tools such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, Iterable, Segment, Snowplow, etc.
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Cloudfront, S3, etc.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical modeling/techniques including regression analysis, ANOVA, and hypothesis testing
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Roadside Assistance service
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.