Senior Email Marketing Data Scientist at Atlassian
Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and creativity, you will support a market-leading product with nuanced analysis, actionable insights, and strong recommendations. We're growing quickly, so you'll need to help define, implement, and scale the systems and processes for sustainable growth across the marketing organization. If you love finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong this could be a great fit!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Establish measurement methodologies to understand the value of email as a channel that contributes to acquisition, onboarding, cross sell and retention. Build business cases for investing additional resources into the email program.
- Use experimentation methodologies, control groups etc. to measure the impact of email campaigns and suggest improvements to marketers.
- Collaborate with our audience targeting and segmentation team to ensure customers are receiving consistent and meaningful messages.
- Work with our Marketing Engineering and Data Engineering teams to improve the tools and data sets we have for the email channel.
- Build & enhance reporting for marketers to monitor the performance of the email channel.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5-7 years of experience in analytics
- 1-2 years of experience in email marketing
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- A strong intuition for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Experience collaborating with senior management and translating insights into decisions and actions
- Comfort operating in ambiguous, fast-changing environments
- Proficiency in at least one analytics & visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, Plotly, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one marketing automation tool such as Market, Eloqua, Exact Target, etc.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods as needed
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
- Experience with scripting and analysis languages (Python, R)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with providing analytics support for multi-channel campaigns
- Deep knowledge of statistics and probability
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
More about our team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but our team is much younger. We'll have to blaze new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and trying to doing things differently. We're self-proclaimed unicorns that are able to distill highly complex analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we interface directly with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively. We've been described as scrappy, but thorough, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring quality deliverables. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.