Senior Intelligence Analyst (Russian Linguist)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking a Senior Intelligence Analyst with Russian language skills, and knowledge in Russia’s current political and transnational issues, to focus on analysis of targeted intrusion cyber actors and adversaries linked to Russia. This position serves as an important role dedicated to analyzing and producing finished intelligence reports on actors, adversaries, geopolitical developments, and transitional issues in Russia. It also serves as an important role providing geopolitical context supporting the technical analysis of campaigns and threat data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends on a variety of pre-determined cyber security topics by researching & analyzing raw intelligence that includes some technical information.
- Research, assess and report on threat actor and adversary capabilities and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Research, analyze and compose reports, including threat estimates, related to Russian geopolitical, cyber security, and transnational events/issues.
- Discover sources for Russian threat actors, while vetting the credibility of those sources.
- Conduct and report trend/correlation analysis and scenario forecasting at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Collaborate with different teams within the Intelligence team and/or larger CrowdStrike organization, to provide regional expertise and analysis to various types of reporting.
- 6+ years’ experience in an intelligence reporting environment, creating finished intelligence products that range from brief, quick-turn around warning products to in-depth strategic products.
- Ability to understand Russian with high proficiency, particularly reading.
- Experience researching, assessing and writing finished intelligence reporting on targeted intrusion cyber threat actors, adversary campaigns and hacktivist actors supporting government objectives.
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts (in English) verbally, graphically, and in writing. Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection skills and analytic tradecraft methods.
- Understanding of current geopolitical and transnational events and issues surrounding Russia.
- General understanding of technical terminology and tactics employed by cyber threat actors.
- Ability to vet open-source regional media sources.
- Additional languages from Eastern Europe a plus (Ukrainian, Georgian, Hungarian, Polish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Albanian, Macedonian etc.), however, Russian is required.
- Ability to utilize Maltego, i2, or similar tools to create both working-level and presentation-grade visualization charts.
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
- Formal language training or native language knowledge resulting in high proficiency, especially for reading, is required.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.