Senior Machine Learning Engineer - 100% Remote (US) at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
Pluralsight is hiring a Senior Machine Learning Engineer US-based remote.
In this role you will be a part of a product development team that delivers personalized experiences to Pluralsight's learners. You'll help our learners discover content that is relevant to their interests and goals, provide them with a homepage tailored just to their needs, and ensure they are receiving the right communication and assistance with their learning journey at the right time. You'll be a part of a team that is user focused, has a mentality for experimentation, and iterates quickly. As an experienced machine learning engineer, your expertise will be vital to solving sophisticated problems and building the algorithms and frameworks that accelerate our personalization capabilities.
Who you are committed to being:
- Some of the technologies that we love are: Python 3, Tensorflow, Airflow, Kafka, Typescript, Express, PostgreSQL, AWS, Kubernetes, Dask.
- Attention to detail - we want to be proud of our work.
- Test Driven Development - We maintain a suite of good tests for all production code.
- Pair programming as well as individual with code reviews - we value collaborative development.
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day.
- Agile - we reduce the time to learn by having short feedback loops.
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - we're empowered to make our own product and development decisions to do the job.
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process.
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want.
- Leaders who trust- teams build without top-down feature requirements.
What you'll own:
- Develop robust, scalable production search algorithms and recommendation systems.
- Evaluate trade-offs and do performance tuning for production traffic.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to take prototype algorithms and models and turn them into customer-facing solutions.
- Use your engineering expertise to help build solutions to novel problems in software development, data engineering, and machine learning.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to more junior MLEs, knowing both when to step back and when to step in.
- Build data pipelines. Transform and convert data streams into structures needed for algorithm input.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and UX Designers to better understand the customer, provide valuable input into functional design and usability
- Evaluate the efficiency of user experiences and ML algorithms, determining what data is needed and how to collect it, with an understanding of how these metrics are connected the desired outcomes
- Apply your experience to make intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions to our development process, including implementing new standards, tools, APIs, and workflows.
Experience you'll need:
- You have a passion to use machine learning to deliver product personalization at scale and the skills to go with it.
- You have several years of experience building production machine learning systems services as part of a product development team, ideally in the context of recommendations and/or personalization.
- You have worked in a collaborative development environment and have experience with continuous integration and delivery.
- You are a strong Python developer, know your way around TensorFlow, and have a proficiency in data structures and database fundamentals. Experience with Node and Typescript are helpful.
- You have a solid base in Computer Science and Math, and an understanding of the fundamentals of Machine Learning. Regardless of your formal training, you get excited about reading up on modern machine learning techniques and applications.
- You care about writing good code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you know what quality means and how to get there when we need to.
- You are comfortable moving up and down the stack. It matters less that you know the exact frameworks and tools that we use, but you must be willing and able to learn very quickly. We also mean full stack across other functions - you should be excited to understand the entire business and learn from customers.
- You are good at breaking down sophisticated features into smaller, more manageable tasks. You have the ability to explain machine learning solutions to developers and other team members, regardless of their technical background.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do every day, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust in each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission to democratize technology skills, we are one.
Be yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.