- Provide quantitative-based category space allocation recommendations to business partners in in order to best serve customers
- Contribute to design and consensus building for macro space analytical methodologies and recommendations to be applied within the context of category management and new store/remodel design
- Limited guidance needed to frame business problem. Develop and iterate on appropriate analysis approach in the face of ambiguity.
- Test and iterate various statistical methods (multivariate regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, outlier detection, etc.) to define the best method of evaluating space productivity
- Maintain a thorough understanding of WFM purchasing and merchandising processes to effectively support merchandising decisions
- Lead and contribute to productive conversations with global and regional leadership to proactively plan, problem solve, and evolve space analytics strategy over time.
- In cross functional conversations, serve as the subject matter expert on macro space analysis and processes and participate in the discussion of business requirements
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks to data accuracy or project completion, and devise contingency plans.
- Close projects by gathering feedback, documenting lessons learned/best practices, and applying those best practices to subsequent projects.
- Develop new organizational capabilities in a decentralized structure where results are based on cooperation with and influence of others. Ability to work with partners who have a wide range of analytical understanding.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience and at least 2 years of Retail Analytics (assortment, space or category), Space Planning, Retail Ops, Merchandising or other applicable retail experience
- Proficient skill level in tools/languages for data analysis, visualization, engineering, or mining (e.g., SQL, Alteryx, R, SAS, Tableau or similar tools)
- Experience with implementation of retail merchandising basics (i.e., category management), and merchandising organizational structures and processes
- Experience with analyzing, reporting and visualizing data to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with identifying data needs and ability to articulate business case and needs to data engineers
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, and ability to reset and communicate new priorities in response to ad hoc requests with short deadlines.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with cross functional teams
- Customer service oriented with ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Overnight travel approximately 2% of time
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.