Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to be in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing the industry?
HomeAway, an Expedia Group brand is hiring for a Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy. In this role, you will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy team, responsible for leading corporate strategic initiatives including business development, corporate development, strategic planning, and new business incubation activities. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a wide cross section of HomeAway’s business operations and work across the entire spectrum of key functions within HomeAway. You will work closely with the product, marketing, analytics, finance, and sales organizations to drive corporate strategy initiatives focusing on helping HomeAway evaluate, test, and scale exciting new business opportunities and strategic initiatives.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
What you’ll do:
- Work effectively across all business and support functions (Executive Management, Corporate Strategy, Business Intelligence, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product and Technology) to coordinate activities and help drive strategic initiatives.
- Support the strategy team with analysis, strategic planning, project management.
- Assist teams in the framing of complex business challenges, understand the “big picture” quickly, identify key issues, prioritize analysis & drive subsequent analysis to arrive at a well-structured solution.
- Develop thoughtful strategic analyses and frameworks to help create alignment and prioritization of new opportunities across the leadership team.
- Assist with ad-hoc strategic projects and annual strategic planning process as needed.
- Evaluate and address inbound business development and corporate development inquiries.
- Leverage existing network to drive strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Derive insights from internal and external data that enables leadership to make critical business and investment decisions.
Who you are:
- An MBA from a top program with a record of academic excellence.
- Over three years of work experience in roles such as a top tier consulting or investment banking firm, or in-house strategic planning functions.
- Experience in real estate market, particularly multi-family housing a strong plus.
- Knowledge of travel/vacation rental sector also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to run operationally efficient projects for ambiguous, complex assignments.
- Demonstrated excellence in quantitative and strategic analysis.
- Familiarity with technical elements of typical online businesses and marketplaces.
- Exceptional modeling skills (SQL, Tableau, Excel, etc.) & analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources.
- True passion for the travel and vacation rental industries with desire to form ongoing industry relationships.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.