We are looking for a Senior Manager of Machine Learning and Data Science to join us and lead our Data Engineering for Data Science teams. Our services help over 40 million monthly visitors save money and discover phenomenal deals at their favorite retailers. As the Senior Manager of Engineering, you’ll lead high impact teams of developers building data pipelines that drive machine learning systems at scale.
Our teams work on initiatives that enable RetailMeNot to provide users meaningful content at the right place, right time, and right price. We build solutions to harness complex patterns in real-time, using distributed systems. We innovate with data and machine learning to help users save on our platforms as well as to automate and scale our processes. Technologies that we use today include Spark, Scala, Python, Grafana, Sentry, AWS and TensorFlow.
In your role, you will lead two teams of data engineers and data scientists and an engineering manager to deliver business results and technology innovation. You will work with product managers and engineering principals to define long-term vision and objectives for the teams you lead. You will partner with the Data Platform team to ensure their cloud infrastructure and data tooling supports the efficient execution of high-value data & machine learning-based products and capabilities.
Who You Are
- You are an engineering leader that loves data and is eager to lead your team to use data to its fullest
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have experience building large scale data pipelines that drive consumer-facing software products
- You have some understanding of machine learning model development, test and analysis processes
- You have used agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You are result oriented and have a creative mindset to push beyond the boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
- You're a leader who cares about your team members and invests in their growth.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science
- You have 7+ years experience in engineering leadership
- You have phenomenal communication and teamwork skills
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of software engineers who are building innovative solutions that will improve how consumers save money when shopping
- Hire and mentor managers and individuals and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Define organizational OKRs with Product and other partners and goals for the engineering teams
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Guide the technical direction and scaling efforts
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.