Senior Merchandising Analytics Specialist at Whole Foods Market
- Hands-on work to support Data Retail Operation teams in building and maintaining tools and analysis to effectively evaluate cost change and supplier support methodologies.
- Provide meaningful reports and analysis relating to data for support of associated cross functional business processes.
- Draw raw data from multiple sources including hosting, master data, cost hosting and reporting systems, to understand usage and optimal delivery to facilitate and streamline data availability for transactions, reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including data, cost accuracy, supplier support, procurement, IT, and finance to streamline and enhance business process solutions, while ensuring the integrity of the information provided.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly standard reports as well as provide ad hoc reporting to identify areas of opportunity and to develop and implement approaches for solutions.
- Gather business requirements from cost accuracy and supplier support teams and work closely with IT team to implement requested data and reporting functionality and accessibility. Build data and reporting proof of concepts as needed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of WFM cost and supplier processes to effectively understand and analyze operational processes.
- Create and manage solutions to access cost and supplier data needed by cross functional partners
- Train and socialize business partners on the use of execution and intake processes.
- Assesses data quality, troubleshoots data anomalies and coding errors, maintaining data and reporting integrity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Very strong analysis skills including complex query structures, relational database theory and effective data models.
- Advanced level skills in Excel, SQL and associated tools, product movement software, report writing and query software including Microsoft Access, Altryx and Tableau.
- High energy, positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude with attention to detail. Comfortable in a decentralized structure where results are based on cooperation with and influence of others.
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results and a desire to grow responsibility and become a strategic thought leader in optimized business process.
- Comfortable with uncertainty: projects and assignments will change rapidly so the analyst must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines with a sense of urgency.
- Effective communication with people that have a range of core skill sets from operational, technical and data disciplines and ability to tailor it to meet the needs of the audience.
- Thorough understanding of IMHA, VIP and Cost Accuracy and Supplier Support teams processes a strong plus.
- Able to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to leadership, as well as offering potential solutions.
- Ability to write reports and effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations involving senior leadership and other teams in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; ability to calculate averages, percentiles and percentages; ability to create and interpret graphs.
- Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 2-4 years’ relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.