Senior Product Analyst at Self Financial
At Self, our mission is to help millions of people establish and build credit - especially those who are considered underserved or credit invisible.
Developing a successful fintech company requires deep collaboration across our teams, dedication, and truly disrupting the way the industry thinks about things. Understanding our consumers is core to our growth in the years to come.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Analyst who can help us drive important product decisions via data informed hypotheses and insights. This role will interact with Product, Marketing, Analytics, and Engineering on a regular basis. Your primary goals will be to help as many users as possible achieve positive outcomes, and help as many visitors as possible experience our product offering.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guide Product and Marketing teams with insights and hypotheses
- Develop and manage our event tracking (what to track, how to structure it, when to trigger)
- Coach and mentor fellow analysts
- Define metrics and dimensions that provide visibility into business objectives
- Contribute to our dimensional data model as needed
- Very familiar with tracking plans and clickstream data (mobile app & website)
- Very familiar with Marketing and Product KPI’s
- You don’t feel fulfilled unless a stakeholder is utilizing your recommendations
- You’re familiar with dimensional modeling and data warehousing
- You're familiar with cohort analysis, LTV, churn, funnel analysis, etc
- You understand the balance between investment and impact and can prioritize work appropriately
- You enjoy coaching other analysts and enjoy being a team player
- You’re inquisitive and willing to try different things to get the answers that matter
- Expert SQL knowledge (joins, unions, window functions, CTE’s, etc)
- Dimensional modeling experience
- Hypothesis & experiment driven nature
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience coaching analysts
- Experience with cross platform product analysis (website and mobile app)