Senior Real Estate Analyst at Realized
Realized Holdings provides wealth-management solutions for real estate investors. We focus upon helping our clients defer taxes when selling investment properties. We utilize unique investment strategies and tax optimized real-estate™solutions to help meet our client’s real estate goals. In a sense, we are financial consultants for an investor’s real estate portfolio.
This is a great ground floor opportunity to grow with a young, entrepreneurial real estate investment company. You will join a close, passionate and energetic team that is reinventing how individuals invest in Tax-Optimized Real Estate™ and is charting a course for rapid growth. Our office is located in downtown Austin and offers a friendly, collaborative work environment that is fiercely engaged with delivering outstanding customer service and value to our clients.
The Senior Real Estate Analyst will join our growing Real Estate team which has over over 85 years and $5.5 Billion in combined experience across a wide range of real estate disciplines. Primary responsibilities include underwriting, modeling, and conducting due diligence on potential investments and product offerings. Investment opportunities will exist across nearly all real estate product types and may be located throughout the country.
The ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial mindset and adapt quickly to changes in the marketplace. Because Realized is small and growing, everyone in the company must be willing to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done. No job or duty is “below” anyone in a company our size.
- Utilize existing and create new investment models to evaluate structured investments in commercial real estate opportunities by incorporating market analysis, historical performance and cash flow projections.
- Prepare Private Placement Memorandums (PPMs), presentations and reports for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
- Contribute in the due diligence and closing process review of offering materials, leases, operating statements, development budgets, equity and debt term sheets, third party due diligence reports, etc.
- Conduct market research and other ad hoc analysis, as needed.
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape, real estate and capital markets industries.
- Over time, develop the ability to lead complicated, structured transactions from start-to-finish, including presenting to management with a deal level recommendation.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to Five years of experience in a financial analysis environment in the mortgage or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong financial modeling skills, including cash flow analysis, complex debt and equity partnership structures.
- Must understand and be able to critically evaluate real estate documents (leases, loan documents, third-party reports, etc.) to identify potential issues.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Experience in structured finance, securitization or tax credits is a plus, but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of taxation.
- Proficiency in ARGUS software
- Intellectually curious
- Integrity and strong sense of ethics
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) complexed investments to a wide variety of audiences from CEO to individual investor.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple concurrent projects and be able to independently identify and solve key business problems.