Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
We are looking for a Data Science Sales Engineer who is accustomed to solving Brand’s most complex data problems to close large deals. In this role you will work directly with the sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
As a Cart.com Data Science Sales Engineer you must share our passion about reinventing how Brands utilize data to drive better decision making, thrive in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
- Present Cart.com Data Science technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Cart.com’s Data Science technologies throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation
- Immerse yourself in the ever-evolving ecommerce industry, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary products and how to position Cart.com in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Cart.com’s data science products and marketing
- 7-8 years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 within a pre-sales environment
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience within large-scale data science technology focusing on Ad Tech, Conversion Optimization, or Business Analytics
- Hands-on expertise with the design and implementation of the end-to-end data science value chain - data pipelines, data warehousing, machine learning algorithms, and interactive reporting
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Cart.com’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.