Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the top tier provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
What You Will Do
Our team is our secret weapon. We own the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to tackle what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — redefining the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, honest, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Who You Will Work With
In a Zero Trust Architecture, the Trust Engine is a key component that assesses the risk of individual requests. On Duo’s Trust Engine team, we work with data scientists to translate machine learning research into Trust Engine features that assist our customers improve their security posture.
You are a self-motivated individual who is able to learn and adapt quickly. You are comfortable working as a member of a team but can also exercise good judgment and drive tasks to resolution on your own. You have significant expertise and are passionate about building secure software. You continually find opportunities to improve and hone your security knowledge and skills. You are not afraid to take on complex issues, take the initiative to solve problems, communicate solutions, or soar issues. You can manage the needs of the business with the risks in security. You are able to build strong relationships across multiple organizations and distributed teams.
Do you want to work closely with a pragmatic and diverse group of data scientists, engineers, and security researchers in Duo’s industry-leading R&D team?
Who You Are
Are you passionate about building usable and scalable machine learning functionality for the world’s most loved security product, as we continue on our drive to democratize security?
If yes, then you might be a good fit for this role.
What you'll do...
- Build services that power machine learning models and deliver insights back to customers.
- Design APIs to translate Duo activity into Trust Engine predictions and insights.
- Architect solutions to productionize research and make organizations safer with less effort.
- Architect key components of the Trust Engine powering the future of authentication at Duo.
- Partner with data engineers and data scientists to deliver machine learning product features to millions of users at more than 21,000 Duo customers.
- Improve production data pipelines to support machine learning product goals.
- You will chip in to infrastructure and architectural decisions. You will assist with sprint planning and breaking down tasks.
- Provide technical mentorship to more junior team members via code reviews, written guides, 1:1s, and other professional development activities.
You should have...
- Experience as core contributor on customer facing engineering projects.
- Developed server-side web applications, REST APIs, and/or microservices.
- Programming skills in Python or Node.js.
- The ability to clearly communicate your ideas within and across teams.
- A commitment to quality and an eye for details.
- The agility to work in the rapid, unpredictable environment of a high-growth tech organization.
Even better if you have...
- Worked with data pipelines or distributed message queues.
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming patterns as in Python’s asyncio or Twisted, Node, .NET.
- Experience running deployments at scale in AWS or similar IaaS services.
- A passion for security and privacy (especially Zero Trust).
- Partnered with data science teams in an engineering capacity in the past.
- You love to tackle sophisticated problems revolving around data.
- A company culture of patience, openness, and learning. Employees love Duo.
- Ability to positively impact users Customers love Duo.
This job may not be for you if…
- You stress under ambiguity and lack of precedent. We’re building something new and that often means clearing our own path.
- You’re more interested in developing ML models or ML infrastructure than you are in surfacing ML results in the product to the customer. If so, keep an eye out for data science roles on our team.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!