Senior Software Engineer, Bioinformatics Technologies
- Design and implement web applications to visualize and interact with genomic data
- Participate in architecture decisions and provide technical mentorship to junior developers
- Coordinate with Users, Computing, and other Development teams
- Advocate for engineering excellence and communicate the benefits of best practices to the team
- Recognize production scalability bottlenecks, investigate their causes, and engineer lasting solutions
- Proficiency to develop in a UNIX environment with shell scripts
- 5+ years experience in full-stack web development, including frameworks (eg. Django, Flask, React)
- 3+ years experience in SQL and noSQL datastores
- Ability to communicate with non-technical stakeholders and work as a team
- Experience with working in a team- and results-based environment
- 1+ years experience in DevOps (eg. Docker, CI/CD, Jenkins)
- Preferred: Experience in biology, bioinformatics, or healthcare related industry
- Preferred: Experience in NGS bioinformatics (eg. samtools, bwa, Picard, GATK, pandas)
- Preferred: Experience with LIMS and working in a lab environment
- Preferred: Experience with data visualization (eg. matplotlib, plotly, D3)
- Preferred: Experience with performance monitoring & alerting (eg. New Relic, Pagerduty)
- Preferred: Experience with successfully triaging and resolving production incidents
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.