At realtor.com®, we are building products that empower millions of home buyers, renters, sellers, and industry professionals such as brokers, agents and lenders. We aim to radically simplify the home buying/selling process, and enable more people to realize their dream of home ownership. To help us be a world-class product team capable of achieving this mission, we are looking for a Staff/Sr. Staff Business Data Analyst.
We have ambitious growth goals and a phenomenal team. You'll help us unlock further growth opportunities by evaluating all People related data so that we can understand where and how to grow our incredible talented Tech team. We’re looking for experienced data and analytical talent to ensure that we are data-driven across a variety of our biggest efforts in Tech. As a Staff/Snr. Staff Business Data Analyst, not only will you be building sophisticated tools, insights, and models, but you will also be a strategic member of our decision making team. Therefore, we’re looking for a hands-on executor/do-er/owner who also has a strategic, business oriented mindset.
As the Business Data Analyst reporting directly to the VP of Engineering Strategy in the Office of the CTO, you will be responsible for all people-related data including how and where we grow our workforce of the future, how we organize our squads and the work they do, understanding our retention and diving into our global engagement data. Ultimately, we will look to you to help us determine how best to invest our resources in the work that we do. Your experience as a Business Data Analyst should prepare you to take data from its source, cleanse it when needed, validate it and develop easy to use dashboards and visuals for leadership decision-making. You should have a consultative mindset to effectively answer a range of business and future state modeling questions.
How you will spend your time:
You will focus on several areas:
- Transform data into action by working cross-functionally using expertise and independent judgment to collaborate with peers, data engineers, database managers, and business analysts to gather/gain access to data from its source, put it into a usable format and create visual representations of the data for leadership use. You’ll also create any necessary data modeling to help with decision-making or to drive more understanding of our initiatives. Data could be spread across databases, Excel spreadsheets, Google Sheets etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for the business stakeholders: meeting with them, understanding their requirements, and using your analytical mindset to direct the implementation of solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards.
- Own the development and execution of the data roadmap, including end-to-end project management if needed. This may include how we structure, extract, cleanse, sample, test, validate, and visualize data.
- Apply expertise in working with a variety of data types to form a hypothesis, explore the data thoroughly looking for patterns, gaps or opportunities, and extrapolate data-driven insights. Own and drive any necessary data modeling initiatives.
- Visualize the data in an elegant and clear way for senior leader and stakeholder data-driven decision making.
Gain a deep understanding of our organization’s data so that you can highlight solutions to business problems and opportunities to drive change.
- Share the data findings visually and through presentations, interpreting and building on data findings in order to fully exploit the insights revealed.
Who You Are:
- You’re an expert in working with data and creating analytics and you’re very comfortable in your craft; you may have experience as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Analyst etc.
- Highly proficient in SQL, Qlik Sense/Tableau, and Excel.
- Experience in data modeling to show various opportunities and outcomes.
- Experience as a “data generalist” which may include some experience with data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods
- A natural change agent who is able to tell stories with data, educate and instill confidence using data, thus motivating leaders and stakeholders to act on recommendations.
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving and end to end thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives on time.
- Portfolio prioritization experience and accountability required.
- Outstanding communication skills and thought leadership, both with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of teammates and leaders, learn and innovate, have a huge impact, and have a great time doing it. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to grow yourself while making a meaningful impact on our business and users, then make the move!
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.