Senior / Staff Data Analyst, Quant Performance Marketing Analytics at Realtor.com
Realtor.com is the leading destination to discover your perfect home. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings and the most engaged users across all the online real estate portals. Our mission is to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
The Data Analytics team at realtor.com sits at the heart of this mission. We process and analyze terabytes of data everyday that enable decisions for millions of home buyers, sellers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. Our goal is to use this data to make the home buying experience a breeze for our consumers. We empower them with the most up-to-date information on properties, help them find their dream homes in the least amount of time, and match them with the most suitable realtor to meet their unique, individual needs.
We’re looking for the best data and analytical minds to help lead a variety of our biggest efforts. Real estate is the largest asset class in the world and we have the best data and visibility into that market. As a senior member of the Data Analytics team, not only will you be building sophisticated tools, insights, and models, but also you will be a strategic member of our decision making teams in product, marketing, valuation/pricing, special projects, and more. Therefore, we want the hands-on executors/do-ers/owners who also possess the strategic, business oriented mindset. As such, you will also serve as a mentor for the junior members on the team and provide guidance on their projects.
In our Performance and Quantitative Marketing Team, you will be responsible for the data and strategy behind consumer funnel acquisition, engagement and conversion across all channels (including Realtor.com SEM, SEO, etc. and all other third party acquisition sources), and ultimately optimizing the strategic investment on all acquisition-related expenditure. You should have experience in digital consumer/search businesses, consumer funnel optimization, digital marketing strategy/optimization across all channels, Adobe martech full-stack solutions, SEO strategies/optimization tactics, expertise in performance marketing / search marketing optimization and testing, as well as a consultative mindset to effectively answer a range of business and financial/economic modeling questions.
- Transform data into action by steering a cross-functional group of Data Analysts, Business Leaders, Product Managers, and Engineers on data visualization, quantitative analysis, and data modeling initiatives.
- Be the primary point of contact for the business stakeholders supported by your team: meeting with them, understanding their requirements, and using your analytical mindset to direct the implementation of solutions ranging from process improvements to dashboards.
- Own the development and execution of your team’s roadmap, including end-to-end project management
- Act as the analytic hub for optimizing consumer acquisition spend across performance marketing channels, primarily search and display, but including other channels as well
- Develop our ability to segment, target, acquire, re-target and optimize consumer acquisition across a coordinated consumer contact strategy through all marketing channels and sources
- Lead our search marketing strategy and mix optimization
- Develop KPIs to drive high-level oversight of business initiatives and company health, and develop regular insights from the data to enable performance management and facilitate accountability
- Partner with the Marketing organization to optimize spend across all paid channels
- Lead high-level analysis for the organization in the areas of traffic/audience forecasting, growth and engagement, and strategies and tactics to drive SEO growth
- Key areas of focus will include: business line strategy, consumer audience acquisition and engagement, marketing channel(s) ROI and optimization, marketing mix considerations, SEO acquisition and optimization, competitive research and analysis
- General responsibilities include decision support, business line strategy, business modeling, forecasting, analysis and performance management of Realtor.com's consumer internet business-lines and marketing efforts
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field is highly desired (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Quantitative Marketing)
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R;
- Experience as a “data generalist” highly preferred. The best candidates have some experience with data visualization; analytics/data engineering and data modeling; and statistical modeling and other quantitative analytical methods
- Next-level communication skills to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions
- SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python or R. Strong Excel fundamentals a plus;
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another
- Exceptional candidates will possess foundational data engineering skills (building ETL jobs, standing up data warehouses, choosing and implementing third-party analytics tools)
- Experience in media / consumer audience-oriented data analytics/science
- Experience in performance marketing / search marketing optimization and testing
- Experience in testing high level data-driven concepts in marketing analytics related to incrementality/attribution, high-velocity testing, etc.
- Experience with Digital Marketing, SEO/traffic and Product analytics a plus
- Experience applying advanced analytic disciplines to financial, consumer audience/user experience, and product-level modeling, forecasting, marketing, etc.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.