Here at BigCommerce, we are always on the lookout for top talent. The position you are applying for is in a high growth area of our business but may not be active at this time. So please note, when you apply for this position you will receive a response but will not receive feedback on your application until the position is active. In the meantime, the best way to stay up to date with BigCommerce, our career opportunities, and our plans to redefine the e-commerce industry is to join our global talent network, BigNetwork.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Business Strategy Analyst who can apply financial analysis, revenue modeling, and leadership skills to deliver recommendations on strategic opportunities for the company. The ideal candidate will enjoy consultative engagements, collaborative problem-solving, and will be motivated by a constantly evolving business landscape. This person will evaluate future strategies for BigCommerce as part of a highly collaborative, unified business function including Strategic Operations, Analytics, and Data Solutions teams.What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with other members of the Strategic Operations team, Senior Leadership, FP&A, and others to understand and quantify key challenges and business opportunities.
- Assist in developing economic models for our most important business initiatives, with an eye for repeatability and scalability of processes and templates.
- Develop, deliver, and communicate data insights and provide strategic recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Design and conduct statistical analyses of operational changes in order to optimize and improve performance.
- Influence others in the org by advocating for your recommendation and the “why” for buy in, while being willing to adjust the “how” with expert inputs from others.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders in a consultative manner to develop and maintain a deep understanding of business levers that require measurement and controls.
- Partner with business stakeholders to support and advocate for data-driven decision-making with an eye towards revenue growth (eg. evaluating support team costs, pricing changes, evaluating new markets).
- Constantly identify and mitigate risks to your schedule, scope, and resources while balancing competing priorities across multiple initiatives and stakeholder requests, maximizing your impact on key team and company objectives.
- 2-4 years minimum in financial analysis, management consulting, or similar professional experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science) or equivalent experience required.
- Proven ability with data visualization tools and techniques required (Tableau, Looker, or Periscope Data preferred).
- Experience in a very cross-functional environment where your success is highly dependent on other teams inputs
- Strong business acumen, excellent time management, critical thinking skills, operational, and interpersonal savvy
- Experience working in eCommerce or SaaS a plus but not required
- Crisp executive communication skills, both verbal, written, and in presentations of data
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings