Senior Supply Chain Analyst at Whole Foods Market
To be successful in this role, candidate should feel comfortable querying data from business systems, scrubbing/structuring imperfect data, and have experience leveraging data for business analysis and report creation. The position requires support and execution of initiatives that will support inventory analysis, supplier performance, contract negotiation, and other supply chain related concepts. Building and maintaining healthy cross-functional relationships with WFM teams and stakeholders as well as 3rd party suppliers is also central to the position.
The ideal candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, technical, possess the ability to learn/leverage new systems and business tools quickly, and clearly communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing.
While specific supply chain experience is preferred, all candidates with the above skills and experience in a business environment will be seriously considered.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Reporting & Related Information Flow
- Generates repeatable, periodic supply chain reporting
- 1st level investigation of report generation issues
- Maintenance and oversight of all sites related to data intake, manipulation, and report delivery
- Takes lead in establishment and testing of new data inputs, and researches any disruption or breakdown of same
- Creates and maintains reporting, process flow map and documentation of report generation processes
- Data Analysis
- Queries/provides raw data for ad-hoc analysis, and 1st level manipulation/structuring of same
- Takes lead for most basic ad-hoc data requests for Whole Foods and 3rd party stakeholders
- Ability to relate data quality and content to a vision for summarizing/reporting upon the data
- Project Management Support
- Gathers project requirements, defines scope, identifies roles of key stakeholders, etc.
- Lead basic projects as appropriate, especially where related to information flow and reporting issues
- Advises on approach, methods, and implementation tactics for rolling out new initiatives
- WFM Product Team Relationship
- Positive/productive interaction with Whole Foods product teams as required
- Assesses requests and data needs of product teams in light of existing Supply Chain information and reporting infrastructure
- Establishes protocols, rules, boundaries with product teams that govern current and future interactions
- Effectively integrate WFM product standards and initiatives to supply chain structure and goals
- 3rd Party Relationships
- Regular analysis of unfamiliar data and information from 3rd party suppliers to Whole Foods
- Ability to establish, nurture, and strengthen relationships with key 3rd party personnel
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Data Science, or Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience in business environment
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical/common sense approach to problem solving
- Strong organizational/detail skills directly linked to ability to establish and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and flexibility to work effectively both individually and with cross-functional teams
- Basic project management experience
- Flexibility for occasional travel
- Experience in data extraction across multiple systems, data warehouses, etc.
- Ability to transform/merge data as necessary to support analysis
- Ability to create effective reporting and analysis documents that support team goals
- Advanced MS Excel skills essential
- Significant experience with query tools and systemic data extraction and basic familiarity with SQL required
- Some experience with Alteryx, MS Access, or other database tools
- Tableau experience a plus
- Passion for Whole Foods Market’s mission and values
- Knowledge and/or interest in WFM products, and the WFM retail environment
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.