Senior Systems Engineer - Data Services
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
- September 2018: Named to LinkedIn’s Top 50 Start-Ups for the Second Year in a row
- June 2018: Series E Funding of over $200Million and a valuation of +$3Billion
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to the Data Services team to help us take our database systems to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer, who loves to work with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka and Hadoop, and is comfortable building automation around large-scale cloud-based critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement -- what you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
This position allows remote work.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data components - including Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark, and use that understanding to operate and automate properly configured clusters.
- Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
- Develop infrastructure services to support the Crowdstrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
- Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with large scale datastores using technologies like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hadoop, and Spark.
- Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
- Rock solid communication skills, verbal and written
- A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team
- Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Competitive compensation + Stock Options
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Competitive Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- We embrace distributed work and flexible work hours
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.