Senior Tech Analyst at Whole Foods Market
Supply Chain & Merchandising – Level 3 (SCM-L3) team is responsible for providing advanced technical research and production support for the Supply Chain & Merchandising portfolio of the Global IT organization of Whole Foods Market (WFM). These business-critical applications are used daily by all WFM Stores & Regions. Currently, the portfolio of applications supported by the SCM-L3 team number over 25+, both legacy & new, and built on various technology stacks from OO technologies & relational databases through newer Cloud infrastructure. The responsibilities of the team include advanced troubleshooting, service & data restoration, defects creation & management, data research, enhancing monitoring and alerting capabilities, continuous improvements to processes, and targeted performance enhancements to jobs for operationally critical applications.
The responsibilities of the Technical Analyst role are to keep the lights on for SC&M applications in production (30%), research, document, and create defects to correct root causes of incidents and alerts (40%), participate in and provide assistance on projects requiring Level 3 research and operational support (15%), and continuously improve upon existing design, processes, monitoring, and related tools for SC&M applications (15%).
The analyst is expected to:
- become proficient on the SC&M portfolio of applications in a short period of time through self-study, use of limited existing documentation, application trials, interviews of peers & application partners. The Technical Analyst is expected to become knowledgeable of business processes, application design & behavior, underlying infrastructure & architecture, upstream/downstream flows, business operations, business impacts, priorities and criticalities of the portfolio;
- participate in Primary & Secondary weekly on-call rotations that include evenings & weekends;
- trouble-shoot incoming & escalated tickets and machine alerts, individually and with peers, leveraging all available info/resources to arrive at solutions for expedient service & data restoration. Interface with peer Tech teams, Business Teams, Stores, Vendor Partners, and Third-Party Partners for investigations & outage/workaround communications.
- create & document workarounds & KBAs to knowledge share recurring service & data restoration activities with peers & partner teams;
- arrive at root cause of outages; track & document incident investigations, create defects as necessary in a timely fashion with relevant technical documentation and manage these through its entire lifecycle, including post-release assessment in production;
- participate in continuously improving the SC&M space by analyzing outage trends & delivering new work items for operationally meaningful enhancement requests to the Product & Dev teams;
- actively participate in service transition intake of newly built applications in the SC&M portfolio for Level 3 support;
- work in a Scrumban environment - participate in daily stand-ups & other ceremonies; manage & prioritize work by self and/or team
Experience & Educational background preferences:
- Degree/Certification in Software sciences, Information Technology, Computer sciences or a closely related field
- Around 3 - 5 years’ experience in Production Support or ITSM
- Strong communication skills, leading with good listening to understand the situation at hand from various sources (Users/Business/Tech partners) and effective written & spoken skills to explain a situation as clearly and briefly as possible under pressure via email/phone/in-person to peers, leadership & audience external to team (Stores, Business Partners, Vendors, etc.)
- Critical thinking to seek out and bring together various data points to converge on a resolution on issues quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and demands on deadlines and resources.
- Ability to work closely with remote team members and multiple actors (such as BAs, Developers, Production support, Managers, Stores etc.).
- Follow-through on tasks and activities.
- Ability to exhibit and maintain professional maturity in interpersonal interactions with peers and Business Partners under stressful production outage situations
- Isn’t afraid to ask questions and/or give opinions/suggestions.
- Friendly/Approachable quick learner who takes initiative. Sense of humor is a plus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.