Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics and business insights? We’re looking for an SMB Business Analyst with a passion for infrastructure, business intelligence, and driving informed business decisions from data. You will lead strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights, guide initiatives to measure business health, build dashboards, invent key performance indicators, and more. The perfect candidate will have a background in applied statistics, economics or a related quantitative field, strong business instincts, proven data visualization skills, experience engaging with executives, and a strong software service management history. You are a self-starter, eager to learn, focused on impact, and have success building data tooling and insights to drive understanding, progression, and decision making for large organizations.
In this role you will get to:
- Become the trusted advisor to our Customer Advocate and Product Advocate teams
- Partner with Marketing Analytics counterparts to find important signals up and down the sales funnel
- Dig into a variety of large data sets to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities to move business forward
- Design and carry out experiments like A/B testing to inform decisions
- Define metrics and provide reporting to show how our business is going
- Work closely with data engineers to build a scalable data infrastructure for analytics
- Use data visualization, statistics, and storytelling to effectively answer open-ended business questions
- Present your awesome data results and recommendations to senior leaders
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience working on service management challenges like help desk queue management, support analyst capacity forecasting, CSAT analysis, and process modeling
- 5+ years experience in an analytics field
- Strong discernment to navigate through complexity and ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills to tell data stories to a non-technical audience
- Strong technical background in data visualization tools like Tableau, statistics, measurement, SQL, data instrumentation
- Project management skills
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience in B2B, channel sales, marketing
- Experience working with a software company
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Familiarity with basic data sciences concepts like algorithm training, logistic regression, and outlier detection
- Technical skills in R/Python
More about our team
The Sales Strategy and Analytics team takes raw business data and turns it into knowledge. We filter out the noise, test hypotheses, make the complicated simple, and give our colleagues the tools they need to be awesome. We’re collaborative, inquisitive, imaginative, creative, and fun. As the work evolves, so do we. But we stay committed to outstanding results.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.