Software Change Management (SCM) Analyst
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Monitor SCM inbox for incoming software build and promotion requests, validate requests for completeness and correctness, create work orders with DCS vendors to perform the deployment, document issues for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Develop, communicate and enforce processes, procedures and guidelines for implementation schedules of software releases by collaborating with development, project management, QA teams and DCS vendor. Provide timely notification of all release events and adherence to project schedules.
- Manage SCM tool set, such as TeamForge, Subversion, OpenMake and Jenkins. Perform updates, manage user access, authentication and workflow issues. Perform technical analysis on software build and deployment issues.
- Develop DevOps scripts, process automated deployment requests using established DevOps processes and tools.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation as required (i.e. process flows, security models, project plans, deployment process diagrams, etc.).
- Performs related work as assigned
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in Software Development or Software Change Management
Substitutions: Each additional year of related experience above the required minimum may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis
- Knowledge of current DevOps best practices and technologies and how they can be applied to create high availability applications
- Hands on experience in software change and configuration management
- Administration of software application life cycle management tools and processes, such as TeamForge, Jira, Team Foundation Server, Subversion, Git
- Proven ability to build web applications from inception to deployment, using agile principles
- Working knowledge of software development languages and platforms, including C#.NET, Java, and SQL
- Working knowledge of infrastructure for high scalability and availability of deployed applications
- Source code management, including branching and merging of code to accommodate agreed upon release cycles
- Knowledge of hardware change and configuration management
- Proven ability to partner with operations and testing teams to deliver quality systems that meet business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience troubleshooting and resolving complex build and deployment issues
- Ability to define technical design and implement code solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to remain calm during difficult times
- Work efficiently in a cube environment with potential for significant auditory distractions
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran’s preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed here.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.