Software Engineer - Data Platform at Expedia Group
ExpediaWhat You’ll Get:
As a member of the data platform team, you’ll have the chance to drive the development experience on the state-of-the-art cloud technologies. Our continuously growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining an established team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with partners across the globe gaining international experience in a fast-paced travel industry all while working in an incredible office space!What You'll Do:
- What is the purpose of building this data platform? To bring the world's travel data within reach!
- Innovating on ways to search through massive data sets across different Expedia Group brands
- Develop and maintain procedures that ingest data in ElasticSearch - Develop tools, processes, and metrics to help build high-quality search pipelines.
- Creating, monitoring and constantly improving metrics to track the quality of search results
- Work on search algorithms, search indexing, recommendations of data sets.
Who You Are:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or other Engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- 4+ years of experience with ElasticSearch, Solr or Lucene
- 3+ years of experience with Docker/Containerization
- Experience in developing and maintaining search-related data models and indexing pipelines
- Experience in data manipulation for ElasticSearch ingestion
- Experience in Web services and REST
Nice to Have
- Experience with open-source software and dependency management
- Knowledge of and experience with the Elastic stack
- Knowledge and experience in search ranking optimization and search query expansion - Experience with Spark, Hadoop or similar large-scale data technologies.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems, Ranking Systems Artificial Intelligence
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.