Software Engineer - Data Platform at Bright Health
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the language best suited for the task, which typically include C#, T-SQL and PowerShell
- Apply Cloud and Object Oriented design and resiliency patterns
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners, and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) - Five (5) years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO or functional programming language, including C#, Scala, Java, Python, PowerShell
- Experience deploying and running cloud-native, elastic application and data solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience using query languages like SQL for relational and / or nonrelational data stores.
- Understanding of performance and scaling, as applied to backend/data stores
- Software testing fundamentals including automated unit and integration testing (we're big on TDD).
- Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Experience with API design.
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with containerization/virtualization, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices
- Hands on Azure admin and devops experience
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, Hive, and Spark.
- Scala and C#
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt