Software Engineer - Data Platform at Expedia Group
What You’ll Get:
As a member of the data platform team, you’ll have the chance to drive the development experience on the state-of-the-art cloud technologies. Our continuously growing footprint will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining an established team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with partners across the globe gaining international experience in a fast-paced travel industry all while working in an incredible office space!
What You'll Do:
- Develop scalable, highly available, and reliable micro-services with high throughput and low latency.
- Develop core capabilities that enable features and APIs that will drive our business.
- Architect, design, and develop new platform services to build our technology platform.
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate. Champion best practices via pull requests, technical documentation and creating new patterns.
- Support services in production by building data driven dashboards for business impacting metrics.
- Participate in resolution and root cause analysis of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers, architects and other engineers.
- Mentor other junior engineers on the team.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.
Who you are:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or other Engineering disciplines
- 2+ years of proven experience, during which you've built scalable, robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems and web services.
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations.
- Exceptional coding skills in Java / Scala / Kotlin.
- Production focus: previous history of being hands-on in solving critical production issues that affect our valued customers and drive those insights back into the product in true DevOps style.
- Expertise with continuous integration/delivery and demonstrating a DevOps mentality.
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS is a huge plus.
- A great teammate who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment imbibing a growth mentality. trade-offs of architectural patterns and comfort in recommending approaches and associated technology choices.