Cart.com is an ecommerce software, services, and brand holding company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands (and a few of our own) move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
The data science team at Cart.com is a centralized team that reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for all things data, analytics, and ML/AI of Cart.com. The team consists of Cloud Architects, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, ML Engineers, and Data Viz specialists. It is our team's mission to disrupt longstanding players in the value chain of ecommerce by designing a distributed network of capabilities that are 10x cheaper, 10x more convenient, and 10x better.
- Work as part of a dynamic data science team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed
- Assist in planning and selecting work streams to improve the product and customer experience
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior developers
- Assist in designing and architecting software solutions
- Reviewing code of junior team members and peers for best practices and good software principles
- Assist in architecting Hybrid Cloud solutions and defining best practices
- Recommending and integrating new technologies where appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Application Development, especially web applications and Python
- 3+ years of experience in Application Development, especially web applications
- Experience with client side frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
- Experience with recent and emergent technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Cloud computing, serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
- Experience with Data Viz technologies such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, Numpy/Pandas
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.