Sr. Analyst, Data Insights & Analytics
Passionate about a rare opportunity to help craft the future of customer service in travel? Do you love data, technology, and analytics? We are looking for an enthusiastic, analytical, and technically skilled Sr. Analyst, Data Insights & Analytics to join our Global Customer Experience (CE) Analytics team in Austin. Our company culture is one that strives to tackle challenging problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to ideate and create innovative solutions quickly.
You will work and partner with a team of skilled analytics and data science professionals who own how we architect, visualize, and interpret the data at the very core of how we improve the way we interact with our customers. You will work with a team of Analytics and Business Intelligence professionals to identify trends, predict customer behaviors, and communicate findings to senior leadership.
What are we looking for? You are highly analytical and inquisitive in nature, with a hunger for deep insights and love solving complex problems. You have experience turning data into insights through a variety of techniques and build the business relationships that enable you to see the big picture and advocate recommendations that will benefit Vrbo and our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Influence and drive prioritization of roadmap of Customer Experience analytics and data strategy at Vrbo.
- Drive precise, deep analyses and communicate prioritized and recommendations to a variety of stakeholders (experts, non-experts, senior leaders) at various company forums.
- You will work with internal partners, both technical and non-technical, to turn data-based insights into hypotheses, leading to experiments that will fuel insights discovery and directly influence strategy refinement.
- You will drive increased insight and a clear understanding of contact propensity drivers by identifying how customer behaviors, business and product changes, and other environmental factors influence customer contacts.
- You will collaborate with teams globally to ensure standard methodologies and the adoption of business changes as a result of the team’s work.
- You will monitor the CE group’s key performance metrics, and quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or corrective actions.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 6+ years of experience in data analytics, OR Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience in data analytics.
- Total of 4-6 years of experience in analytics; 2+ years of experience in customer experience/contact center analytics.
- 4+ years experience with SQL with hands-on experience using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL against multi-terabyte and billion row datasets in EDW, AWS and Hadoop environments.
- 4+ years experience with web analytics and visualization platforms (i.e Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker).
- 3+ years experience using statistical methods, testing, and tools (R and/or Python).
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.