Sr. Analyst - Data at Ascension
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst that will focus on providing general analytics support for nursing and clinical operations.
This is a remote position but we do have Ascension Studio office locations in St. Louis, Austin, Chicago. Candidates that reside in or have willingness to travel to these locations for select team meetings and collaboration on strategic projects are preferred. We will consider strong qualified candidates from other remote locations as well.
What You Will Do
Serves as key resource/SME in collection and analysis of data from multiple sources for the development of reports and statistical information.
- Compiles analytical and statistical reports as needed.
- Formulates, defines and recommends scope and format of reports.
- Oversees provision of ad hoc management reports.
- May provide leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff on how to access reports and interpret the data.
- Identifies data trends and makes recommendations for quality improvement.
- Parses, validates and scrubs data of widely differing formats.
- Analyzes structured and unstructured data for business insight.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Health Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Decision Sciences, Psychometrics, Computer or Information Science, Physics or other related technical or quantitative fields strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, or Microstrategy
- Scripting language experience in Python, R and SQL preferred
- Basic knowledge of statistics and control charts preferred
- Knowledge of and some experience with Google Cloud Platform preferred
- Clinical or nursing experience is a plus
- Presentation and storytelling skills
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.