Sr. Analytics Strategist
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, analytical, and technically skilled Sr. Analytics Strategist to join our Global Customer Experience (CE) Analytics team in Austin. Our team provides business partners with strategic insights that drive our overall business strategy. Our culture is one that strives to tackle challenging problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to ideate and create innovative solutions quickly. Our team is passionate about learning the drivers of the business and bringing to bear technology, data, and analytics to provide data insights that support our critical business decisions.
Do you love data, technology, and analytics? Are you passionate about extracting valuable insights from data and driving strategic business decisions? You will work and partner with a team of skilled analytics and data science professionals who own how we architect, visualize, and interpret the data at the very core of how we improve the way we interact with our customers. You will lead analytics for the CE team, identifying trends, predicting behaviors, and communicating findings that result in tangible business changes.
What are we looking for? You understand that information and data are key assets and are experienced in operationalizing the application of data and information to solve complex problems. You will serve a critical part in crafting analytical solutions and clearly articulating these in a manner non-technical audiences understand. Your primary responsibilities are breaking down challenges into solvable analytics projects, finding the critical nuggets that shape strategy, and communicate findings and recommendations in a relevant and consumable manner. You will possess expertise in segmentation, predictive modeling, forecasting, data mining, and other analytic techniques.
- You are a senior member of the analytics team and responsible for problem solving via advanced quantitative and qualitative techniques and facilitating an environment of data-driven decision-making with the CE Leadership team.
- You will collaborate with internal partners, both technical and non-technical, to turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses, leading to experiments that will fuel insights discovery and directly influence strategy refinement.
- You will drive increased insight and a deep understanding of contact propensity drivers by identifying how customer behaviors, business and product changes, and other environmental factors influence customer contacts.
- You will build models to identify levers the business can pull to reduce customer effort and costs, increase customer satisfaction and NPS, and drive forecast models in anticipation of product changes or fluctuations in customer activity.
- You will be a HomeAway analytics and strategy guru: be the point of contact for analytical and strategic endeavors within CE, driving critical and objective thinking across the organization.
- Strategic & Analytic orientation: Strategic thought leadership with ability to integrate business trends, customer behaviors, and internal capabilities. Have an understanding and appreciation for the practical application of analytical techniques to drive solutions and solve problems, along with a high degree of business insight.
- Impeccable written and oral communication credentials coupled with crisp presentations, strategic influencing skills, and drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Clear results orientation: Exercise an intense focus on achieving both short and long-term goals, building a long-term vision that is reached through clear roadmaps, prioritization, and ability to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 8+ years of experience in data analytics, OR Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 6+ years of experience in data analytics.
- Customer Experience Analytics: 5+ years experience in customer experience/contact center analytics preferred.
- 2+ years experience with SQL; 1+ years experience working in a Big Data stack preferred (Hive, Hadoop, Spark).
- 3+ years experience with web analytics and visualization platforms preferred (i.e Google Analytics, Tableau).
- 3+ years experience understanding statistical methods, testing, and tools preferred (R and/or Python).
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.