Sr Big Data Developer
Are you passionate about turning click stream data into actionable insights for the company? Can you design and develop next generation real-time data pipelines and self-service analytics around event streams? Do you live to solve meaningful problems at speed and scale? Do you strive to work for a company that is product centric and data driven? Do you want to be a part of culture that champions test & learn and the OneTeam approach across the company? If so, this opportunity is a great fit for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at Vrbo using cloud based technologies in an agile manner
- Support Vrbo’s product and business team’s specific data and reporting needs on a global scale
- Close partnership with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business
- Drive technical design and development around real-time data analytics.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- Experience building data pipelines with data from event streams, on distributed data systems (AWS/Hadoop)
- Batch and/or stream processing experience using Spark, K-Streams, Flink
- Experience building low-latency data product APIs
- Professional development experience in Scala/Java
- Experience with of all aspects of data systems (both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL/ELT, aggregation strategy, performance optimization, SQL.
- UI development using React.JS a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.