Sr. Big Data Engineer
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
- Design, build, launch, and implement Hadoop solutions. Specifically, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to business partners.
- Perform data modeling and prepare data in databases for reporting through various analytics tools.
- Build distributed batch and stream compute data pipeline for the requirement using technologies such as Scala, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Amazon Web Services.
- Work with multiple teams in HomeAway in understanding their Data Analytics Requirement.
- Collaborate and validate implementation with Data Analytics team and other technical team members.
- Set-up proper data governance and quality across the Data Analytics department and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- 5 years in Big Data frameworks including Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- 5 years application development utilizing Scala and Java languages
- 5 years in automation script development utilizing Python, Shell Scripting
- 3 years in Batch and Stream processing using Spark and Kafka
- 3 years Pipeline development on AWS using EMR and S3
Nice to Have:
- Build tools such as Maven or SBT
- experience in Rest API development
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.