Sr. Business Data Analyst at Ascension
We are hiring a full-time Sr. Business Data Analyst.
This is a remote opportunity.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to serve as a key resource/SME in developing and delivering quality solutions to support business processes. Our goal is to improve our data offerings through consolidation and modernization of our data and platforms, while continuing to build our data expertise. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on the most complex, high visibility projects to bring structure and alignment around the overall solution.
- Solicit, clarify and analyze customer requirements and develop comprehensive documentation.
- Interface with the customer to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Assist in planning and implementing activities required for the collection and analysis of data related to departmental business needs, including the development of data collection systems.
- Develop and run basic queries and other data collection spreadsheets to support assigned business areas and organize them in a format for ease of review and use.
- Assist in core operational tasks, including high level design, reporting, documentation, and systems updates.
- Assess data integrity from source to target.
- Work with the team to evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to data systems & management.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of applications, components and enhancements.
- Participate in project planning; identifying milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution.
- Ensures relevant data and analytics are available to meet business needs by continuously wrangling, consolidating, and modernizing existing data solutions and platforms
- Engages with project teams to understand a project’s needs/requirements to provide technical expertise with data and analytical tools, including legacy and cloud based, to deliver on project goals and timelines
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of Source to Target mappings preferred.
- Knowledge of Healthcare claims data preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, comfortable with frequently shifting priorities.
- Ability to coordinate and lead peers through requirements, design and testing process as well as application maintenance and support.
- Ability to work with data and reporting tools to research, organize, and summarize findings.
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources
- High technical and functional aptitude for problem solving and process flow management.
- Strong English communication skills, comfortable speaking with and translating between technical and non-technical team members at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of GCP (Google Cloud Platform) a plus.
- SQL, Python or similar programming languages are a plus.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in the management of data analysis, and/or decision support analytics preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience interpreting user stories and applying the appropriate technical solutions to deliver operational results preferred.
- Strong Business Requirements Development skills preferred.
- Participation in delivering projects using SDLC and Agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience with fully adjudicated Medical and Rx claims, Premium, Provider, and/or Supplemental data highly preferred. Medicare Advantage experience is a plus.
- 1-3 years of project management experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.