Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst at HotSchedules, Now Powered by Fourth
Responsibility as a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst:
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst has proven analytical and technical skills in fast-scaling environments. You are driven by the need to democratize access to clean data. You work effectively in a cross-functional environment and are comfortable helping both technical and business stakeholders use data. This is a high visibility position with regular exposure to senior leadership and management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of analytics databases, business intelligence tools, and ongoing metrics/reports to drive key business decisions.
- Engage with leadership and key stakeholders to identify and recommend data solutions to address their needs.
- Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and stakeholder requirements.
- Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve automated data analysis processes.
- Learn and understand a growing range of HotSchedules’ data resources and discover how and when to use which data sets.
- Monitor data quality and take initiative to make improvements.
- Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly and escalate appropriately.
- Ability to research existing and foreseeable needs for decision-making data.
- An understanding of SaaS business processes and nomenclature
- Only Austin, TX or Atlanta, GA based candidates will be considered.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or 6+ years relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a BI Analyst role with hands on experience in developing end to end business intelligence solutions in PowerBI
- Advanced Excel proficiency (PowerPivot, Macros etc) for data transformation, consolidating data from diverse sources, analytics, modeling, and data visualization of analytic findings.
- Excellent query optimization, analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Experience creating content for and communicating with senior executives
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of cross-functional teams, such as marketing, product management, IT, and finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively synthesize and deliver insights and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to work well autonomously, within deadlines, and manage several concurrent projects