Sr. Business Process Improvement Analyst at Whole Foods Market
Responsible for driving and facilitating Business Process Improvement initiatives, analyses, and recommendations across TMS Processes and Systems. Serves as an internal consultant to the TMS organization, working with key leaders and stakeholders to understand business process objectives, potential changes, challenges, and areas in need of assessment / improvement. Reviews and evaluates new or improved business and management practices for application to company programs or operations. Creates business cases for proposed process or operational changes. In collaboration with leadership, develops solutions to organizational issues and concerns. Acts as subject matter expert regarding process improvement analyses and initiatives.
- Develops a taxonomy and framework which initially captures up to level 3 and eventually level 4 end-to-ends for all TMS processes.
- Provides Business Process Improvement (BPI) support to TMS Operations across its services and systems landscape.
- Engages with functional / operational leaders to understand business objectives, challenges, and areas targeted for improvement.
- Partners with internal and/or external BPI experts to:
- Develop improvement objectives, project parameters, and resource requirements,
- Conduct thorough business diagnostics to identify, quantify, and prioritize specific change targets,
- Analyze work-flow processes and identify issues, roadblocks, or areas for effectiveness or efficiency improvement,
- Develop recommendations to streamline, reduce associated cost, enhance effectiveness, improve workflows, or improve the customer experience outcomes of targeted processes,
- Deliver recommendations to process owners / stakeholders,
- Provide necessary education and training,
- Follow-up to ensure enhanced processes are applied as designed, modified where needed, and evaluated.
- Ensures adherence to the company’s principles, values, policies, and guidelines.
- Supports team projects as assigned.
- Understands and able to apply standard BPI methodology and tools.
- BPMN experience is a must.
- Identifies and pursues process improvement opportunities based on risk controls, end-user experience, efficiencies, and other business-focused factors.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
- With guidance, responds to questions and presents information to internal and external clients in one-on-one settings.
- Tailors communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Supports team and cross-functional projects within defined area of responsibility.
- Impacts the quality of own work and that of the team.
- Maintains positive working relationships with supported functional stakeholders.
- Applies basic research, information gathering, and analytical skills to:
- Select appropriate alternatives from defined options,
- Collect required documentation and verify conformance with standards,
- Assess accuracy of detailed information.
- Handles detailed, structured problems; identifying roadblocks to task completion.
- Uses existing procedures to resolve standard problems.
- Understands the strategy, goals, and objectives of the company, business unit, and/or project.
- Identifies alignment / misalignment of the team’s project goals with the larger organizational strategy, goals, and objectives.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Must have developed and successfully deployed an HR Business Process Taxonomy that brought consistency and standardization.
- Should have used Business Process Modeling Notation flow chart methodologies for end-to-ends.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.