We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Category Analyst to join our Category Analytics Team. You will be responsible for delivering data-driven and consumer-centric, actionable insights that contribute to all parts of Merchandising within various channels. Work with other analytics teams to lead strategic and analytics support for assigned Merchandising team via Category Insights (Round process) and ad hoc requests. This position will be required to provide an integrated point of view of the category leveraging internal and external sources. In addition, support the development of category management framework and analysis, annual planning process, category performance evaluation, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify and solve for any gaps in analytical processes and reporting.
- Provide strategic guidance by delivering data-driven, actionable category level insights that contribute to all parts of Merchandising within the category planning and resets process
- Act as a conduit to integrate strategic insights; act as single-point-of-contact for category insights for assigned Merchandising team;
- Understand and activate Category Management Framework (i.e. category roles, levers); along with leveraging 3rd party competitive landscape tools, customer behavior metrics, and product innovation solutions.
- Actively engage in small cross-functional Analytics group (POD teams)- Serve as an analytical point of contact for special projects, ad hoc analysis, and other initiatives related to assigned Merchandising teams
- Lead collaboration with business partners, including 3rd parties, to identify gaps in analytical processes and reporting; then problem solve with various other teams to fill gaps
- Influence decision making throughout the business, which often requires collaboration with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Effectively synthesize and communicate complex data and analyses to Category Merchants
This job profile is not meant to be all-inclusive; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of retail business to include all aspects of pricing, merchandising, retail operations, financial operations and reporting.
- Proven ability to utilize advanced analytical methods to identify patterns, relationships, and trends across multiple data sources. Synthesizes information to construct a narrative which can be understood by a broad audience
- Experience with working with market syndicated data (e.g. Nielsen/iRi), shopper insights solutions, visual analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau) and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with data basics, structure, and relationships. Experience querying data from large enterprise databases. SQL proficiency a plus; not required.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Project Management experience and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal, and written
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong work ethic complemented with a positive, can-do attitude
- Creative problem-solving skills, maturity to handle ambiguity, flexibility to perform in a dynamic collaborative environment, and ability to multitask across projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel on occasion
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Analytical Business Specialty,
Marketing Research or commensurate retail experience preferred
- MS or MBA plus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.