Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We have built a $1B+, fast-growing business by focusing relentlessly on converting free trials into happy customers. As a Senior Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst, you will be integral to this. You will work directly with both our Field Operations teams to ensure we optimize our customer engagements both internally and externally.
This highly visible role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in Sales operations, compensation, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the SaaS go-to-market framework in order to align incentives with the responsibilities of different customer facing roles. You will develop comprehensive frameworks to assess our GTM strategy and the effectiveness of our coverage model. Experience engaging with high level executives is important as this role regularly communicates with C-level executives and GMs.
Do you love working with Sales teams? Are you highly analytical and can confidently lead insight generation? If so, continue reading.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Own the end to end monthly compensation processing for all sales teams including engaging with various sales teams to address questions and provide support, manager approvals, troubleshooting edge cases, and submitting to finance.
- Responsible for owning all business aspects of our compensation tool, Anaplan, for compensation processing and reporting. Be able to work with a technical team to translate business requirements for calculating payments and reporting via BI dashboards that a sales leader can easily follow.
- Build the incentive compensation design-to-deployment process for multiple teams that aligns with strategic objectives, monitor effectiveness of current incentives, evaluate new incentive designs and project manage deployment of plans.
- Partner with HR, legal, and compensation administration teams closely to facilitate end-to-end incentive compensation plan creation, administration and payout.
- Participate as a critical contributor of change management as we transition go-to-market strategies during FY Planning.
- Contribute in sales capacity modeling that allows Atlassian to predictably tie deployment of incremental sales resources to incremental bookings.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expertise on incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
- Excellent project management and communication skills. Experience in running projects, writing business case requirements, and working with teams through JIRA and JIRA Service Management is a big asset.
- Experience in working with compensation tools for automating monthly calculations and building powerful dashboards, Anaplan or Varicent experience is a plus.
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Atlassian.
- Deft ability to communicate data into relevant insight: You know how to create compelling presentations and can lead executives through data deep-dives.
- You love partnering: You get that an organization is made up of very different parts. You relish influencing other teams and co-piloting cross-team initiatives.
- Process improvement knowhow: Continuous improvement is in your DNA. You can enhance business processes from the diagnosis to documentation to execution.
- Minimum 5-7 years of ever-increasing responsibility in Sales Operations, Strategy, BizOps, or Analytics role within a B2B (ideally SaaS) company or in a strategy consulting environment, a minimum of 3 years of compensation plan development and processing experience preferred.
More about our team
Welcome to the Sales Strategy & Analytics team! We’re a lean team of data ninjas who love solving chunky business problems. Our goal: support our business partners and use a data-driven approach to accelerate Atlassian's top line growth. We support teams across the “go-to-market” function and we are part of the broader Field Operations family here at Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.