Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward’s Strategic Finance team serves as a combination of Financial Strategy and Analytics, and sits within the broader FP&A team. The team is focused on surfacing the critical insights that power long-range planning, inform operational and strategic decision-making, and drive stakeholder alignment around key performance indicators.
As Senior Data Analyst, you will be responsible for owning the development, maintenance and organization of Homeward’s performance reporting, management dashboards, and data dictionary. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Strategic Finance
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role you will:
- Structure, build, and maintain dashboards to track key performance indicators and monitor business performance.
- Support development, execution, and maintenance of Homeward’s data dictionary
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and actionable insights using relevant data.
- Deliver strategic commentary and recommendations to influence sales, product, and process innovations
- Identify gaps or opportunities in data and metrics, and partner to improve the tracking process, and the reporting of related metrics
- 5+ years of proven experience in data analytics, business intelligence or comparable role; preference for experience within high-growth startups and/or top-tier management consulting
- Expert proficiency in SQL (Standard SQL / BigQuery) and Excel; familiarity with Python
- Experience using business analytics / dashboarding tools (i.e. Mode, Tableau, Looker, etc.) to deliver business insights
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize independently generated data points into a cohesive analysis, and clearly communicate the results of complex analyses to a wide audience in a credible fashion
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking with keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture"
- Excellent interpersonal skills and have experience working directly with senior leadership
- High levels of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and focus on deadlines
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.