OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team is a small but rapidly growing, high impact team at OJO. Our vision is to democratize the use of data in our company and steward building a data-driven decision culture. We aim to provide every team with reliable, trustworthy self-service access to relevant information while partnering cross-functionally and with the executive team on meaningful, deep analyses aimed at performance improvement in every function of our company. Every member on the team strives to have deep subject matter expertise on their relevant domains and has the freedom, opportunity and responsibility to own and manage the codebases for their domains in our data warehouse and BI platform. There is always important, challenging, and exciting work to accomplish in an incredibly fast paced and innovative environment!
About this Role
This is an opportunity to join the team and help to advance OJO’s mission of helping everyone find their next home. You will help grow a critical business area as well as have a platform to bring new insights to leadership throughout the company, test new ideas, and challenge and grow your own skills. This position will be reporting to the Sr. Manager of Real Estate Agent Network Analytics.
What you'll do:
- Work within the Analytics team to support OJO Select Network (OSN), OJO’s real estate agent network to help develop and deliver the OSN Vision.
- Actively monitor, analyze and identify opportunities on how to improve OSN performance on an ongoing basis, becoming a de facto subject matter expert.
- Create new reports, dashboards and visuals to help monitor KPIs and individual operational use cases in our business intelligence platform -- Looker.
- Level up and sharpen your technical skills and understanding of SQL, data structures, data warehouses and business intelligence platforms to become an end to end functional analyst.
- Partner with Product and Operations teams to track and analyze A/B tests to understand their effect upon real estate agent behavior and performance.
- Deep dive into agent recruitment and onboarding processes, agent conversion rates, engagement behavior, local market dynamics, etc. to unlock new insights and bring forward potential optimizations and process changes.
What we need from you:
- Demonstrate OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Be Fearless and Fail Forward, Hire Great, Be Compassionate, and Earn Trust.
- Experience collaborating with team members and stakeholders, setting expectations and delivering on them.
- 3+ years of experience in analytics or business intelligence role.
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- A can do attitude with passion to get the job done, no matter how big or small the task.
- Growth mindset -- Would rather be given a hint or pushed in the right direction to solve a problem rather than be told out right.
- Proactive -- do not wait to be told what report/insight to work on next.
- Extremely strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel knowledge (including pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge and an interest in developing your skills further.
- Experience building reports and dashboards with Looker, Tableau, Power BI, or similar BI platforms.
Bonus Points For:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Hands-On experience developing and working with Looker.
- Previous experience in data wrangling and analysis using Python, R or Matlab.
- Previous analytics experience working within a two sided marketplace.
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.