Sr. Data Engineer - Cloud
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 1 Trillion security events every week in our hybrid Cloud environment. CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is seeking a data engineer who wants to work at scale, be challenged, and take on a highly impactful role in the data engineering team. You will work on and develop new customer facing data products as well as internal analytics systems which will be used by teams including Data Science and Validation. Your experience of Spark and Hadoop will be applied to a multi-petabyte data store, solid experience with large scale batch and streaming, open source tools and libraries from the data substrate layer (Parquet, etc.) to interactive query tools (Druid, Presto, SparkSQL) are a must. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
What you will need
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience in Java, Spark/Hadoop operating on large data sets with strict latency requirements.
- An solid understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
You will also bring
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
• The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Ability to brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Experience with shipping high quality software in a cloud environments
- Solid grounding in the technology of at least one cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Broad grounding in all aspects of distributed systems development: OS internals and OS system engineering concepts, concurrency models, networking, board understanding of distributed systems concepts, authN/Z (OAuth2, etc.) and API development
- Solid design and problem solving skills with demonstrated passion for engineering excellence, quality, security and performance
- Strong cross-group collaboration and interpersonal communication skills working with variety of roles including engineering, product management, support and sales engineering
- Authored or lead open source libraries and projects
- Contributions to the open source community (Blogging, Stack Overflow, Github)
- Exposure to any of the following Kafka, Elastic Search, Golang
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.