Sr Data Engineer, People Analytics (Contract) at Realtor.com
Sr Data Engineer (Contract)
People Analytics, HR
Our People Platforms & Analytics team is a new and developing team that dives deep into people data, empowers with insights, and enables change through our approach. We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate, full-time Data Engineer who will build, refine and scale data pipelines for the team’s data analysis, data science and business intelligence work.
You will join our team on an initial 6-month contract, with the potential to convert to a permanent role.
You’ll develop and implement new methods to improve data reliability and quality, providing technical leadership to the team and mentorship to other team members. You’ll combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and analytics-ready data sets, and work closely with our data teams and across multiple technical teams in order to help us build our first internal people analytics tools for our business.
What kind of work will you be doing?
- Be a leading player in our People Platforms & Analytics team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive new data processes, workflows, reports, and expectations across the People team and wider business areas.
- Build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics and business intelligence (BI).
- Ensure the data quality and consistency with monitoring support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs.
- Manage the technical aspect of analytics projects and collaborate within HR and cross-functionally across the business.
- Lead SSDLC (secure software development lifecycle) within people analytics and lead by example in building self-service, well-tested solutions.
- Review the work of junior associates in the team and provide mentorship to team members. Review and ensure all code documentation is complete and updated periodically.
- Own and interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Creation and support of batch and real-time data pipelines using Informatica Cloud and AWS technologies including Glue, Kinesis, Lambda, Step functions and Athena.
- Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CI/CD workflow using tools such as Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Docker, Github and other microservices.
- Collaborate with the business applications team, product owners, business stakeholders, scrum-master to refine and estimate stories/epics.
- Be an integral part of the scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality.
- Review and ensure all code documentation is complete and updated periodically.
- Optimize and refresh logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Perform analysis of relevant metrics, and uncover and articulate trends in the data; forecast and quantify the gaps, risks, and opportunities in order to support people strategy and our team.
What experiences might you bring?
- ETL development experience with large-scale databases or big data systems such as Hive, BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with the design and development of relational databases and data warehouses.
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL and Python programming.
- Experience with ETL Tools like Informatica Cloud.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (S3, Athena, Glue, Lambda, Kinesis, API gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, Step Function etc).
- Experience with software configuration management tools (Git) and CI/CD pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Experience with Python Visualization libraries (e.g. plot.ly, matplotlib, or equivalent) or a BI reporting tool (such as Tableau, Looker or PowerBI) with an understanding of why they are an important part of the analytics stack.
- Experience with data analysis and/or statistical modelling using the R or Python ecosystems, ideally in a data-focused full-stack environment (from data wrangling to analysis, to visualizations).
- Strong analytic capabilities and ability to provide insights as well as recommendations for changes. Convince key decision-makers of the business benefits of the proposed solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams, gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs.
- Honest and respectful of others, and a great team player.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Data Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
These skills would come in handy too!
- Experience in web application development
- Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark etc.)
- Familiar with agile development and sprints.
- Understanding of HR/People function and operational processes
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.