Sr. Data Engineer at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Platform / Data Engineer for the Data Engineering team at CrowdStrike. The Data Engineering team operates within the Data Science organization, and provides the necessary infrastructure and automation for users to analyze and act on vast quantities of data effortlessly. The team has one of the most critical roles to play in ensuring our products are best-in-class in the industry. You will interact with product managers and other engineers in building both internal and external facing services.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of some (or all) of AWS, Python, Golang , Kafka , Spark, Airflow, ECS, Kubernetes, etc to build infrastructure that can ingest and analyze billions of events per day.
- Good knowledge of distributed system design and associated tradeoffs.
- Good knowledge of CI / CD and associated best practices.
- Familiarity with Docker-based development and orchestration.
- Knowledge of using tools such as Cloudformation / Terraform etc in standing up and operating infrastructure such as ECS, K8 etc.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack etc
Bonus points if you have…
- Created automated / scalable infrastructure and pipelines for teams in the past.
- Contributed to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Prior experience with Spinnaker, Relational DBs, or KV Stores.
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.