The Services team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join us in ensuring that our customers value from their engagement with us. As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll bring your knowledge and proven data science expertise to design and build machine learning-based solutions that help our customers make well-informed decisions.
Qualified candidates are deeply analytical with a keen understanding of the business processes and programs and the ability to translate data and insights. They will have a track record of driving successful data science initiatives for business and customer-facing outcomes.
This is a highly visible role that offers a significant professional development opportunity, as well as the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to SparkCognition's success and that of its customers.
- Independently and effectively engage with external technical stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand and solve critical business problems through the application of cutting-edge artificial intelligence
- Design and deploy machine learning models for commercial and industrial applications, such as anomaly detection, prescriptive maintenance, and fraud detection
- Lead all phases of the data science process from data exploration and processing, feature selection and engineering, model training and testing, and information synthesis
- Maintain and apply deep understanding and application of all relevant SparkCognition products/technologies to support ongoing projects and proposal work
- Pioneer procedures and/or automated toolsets to more efficiently and effectively perform data science activities
- Contribute to AI product development and key data science research areas, internally and externally
- Propose new projects or initiatives that will yield business benefits and evaluate project plans and proposals.
- Partner with and guide other data scientists in developing and applying ML expertise in developing and delivering novel solutions.
- Serve as a people manager to other data scientists, as needed
- Strong understanding of Data Science, including basic elements of machine learning, statistics, probability, and modeling.
- Significant experience with Data Science programming languages, such as Python, R, Matlab
- Significant experience with machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Theano, and Keras.
- Applied knowledge of ML techniques/algorithms including linear models, neural networks, decision trees, Bayesian techniques, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Significant experience managing large volumes of data (terabytes or more)
- Experience with leading project teams, specifically data science teams
- Strong written and verbal communications, ability to translate complex technical topics to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to form strong working relationships with team members, cross-departmentally, customers' technical teams, and executive leadership
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related scientific discipline
- Doctorate degree (or 5-8 years of equivalent experience) in one of the fields above
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or an MPP environment
- Experience with developing an application on a full stack of HTTP, JSON, REST, React, Java/C#, SQL, and no-SQL databases
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Prior work experience in one or more of the following industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Oil & Gas, Utilities