Sr. Data Scientist at Studio X
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts, and investors. Our venture creates a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Backed by a Fortune 500 conglomerate with deep ties to this industry, this venture is uniquely positioned to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar geo-exploration services industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages and deep market relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience.
We are looking for a Senior Data scientist. In this role, you will be working on subsurface exploration projects, building and optimizing machine learning models, creating/refining training data and testing results on industry quality data. You will utilize Python, Java, R and other languages and libraries in order to prototype and exhaustively test models with legacy and novel integrated data types in order to solve subsurface data analysis problems. As a key contributor, you will explore for new ways to apply data science algorithms to subsurface data, share your learnings in a collaborative way to enable cross functional learning, and ultimately contribute to an automated machine learning framework that will transform the way we explore the subsurface.
Lastly, it would be nice if you are capable of performing in a research like environment, where you may be expected to prototype fast, let projects fail, identify when there is potential for further optimization… and be uncomfortable all at the same time :)
What you should have:
- Get your hands dirty and implement a set of prototypes/experiments to aggressively de-risk projects.
- Capable of end to end data science prototype implementation including data analysis, holdout testing and performance framework implementation
- Able to carry out independent algorithm research around current and future data types in order to seek optimal model architectures and new technologies
- Be a team player, contributing and enabling team success
- Excited to make the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes it happen
What it would be nice to have:
- Experience building machine learning models on geophysical data
- Seismic, well logs, documents, mag/gravity/EM, satellite, etc...
- Can generate research ideas and make progress independently, following through to concept select
- Strong communication skills.
- MS/PhD degree or equivalent practical experience. BS minimum
- Ability to work and manage across cross-functional teams who do not report into the team to get things done
- Communicate effectively to deliver clearly annotated prototypes to engineering team and interact effectively
- Minimum five years of related work experience
- Working experience and deep knowledge of Python, R, Java, Julia, etc…
- Amazon AWS Experience
- Capable of carrying out model performance testing
- Comfortable with the experimental design process, and capturing scientific processes in concise, clear way
- Experience solving complex research problems
- AWS Sagemaker experience
Time Commitment / Travel Requirements
- Startup hours, which includes some nights/weekends