Sr. Database Administrator (Azure) at Bright Health
- Manage AZURE / SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Leverage Cloud PaaS and IaaS offerings to build services in support of data liquidity, data management and storage, data pipelines including both traditional ETL and streaming platforms, master data management and data stewardship
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for ensuring database security and access controls in a highly regulated environment.
- Apply Cloud and Object Oriented design and resiliency patterns
- Provide subject matter expertise on performance tuning and query optimization to full-stack peers and data analysts
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) years DBA experience, some of that being in Azure.
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions in a Cloud environment.
- Highly skilled in writing SQL queries, DML, DDL, CDC/change tracking, index and performance tuning.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO language, including C#, Java, Python, PowerShell.
- Enterprise experience developing solutions that use event sourcing and/or Big Data architectures.
- Experience with at least once traditional ETL platform including SSIS, Informatics and Talend, or with cloud ETL platforms like Azure Data Factory.
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt