Sr Database Engineer at SpyCloud
Sr Database Engineer
SpyCloud is a pioneer in breach discovery. We strive to help businesses of all sizes mitigate data breaches by proactively alerting when employee or company assets have been compromised. We accomplish this through our early-warning breach detection service powered by a world-class team of intelligence analysts.
SpyCloud manages the most expansive database of plaintext passwords in the industry. Once a new breach is recovered from the dark web, we use specialized hardware and software to crack as many of the password hashes as possible. This gives developers the ability to prove user exposures and automate password exposure checks across internal systems.
We are looking for a passionate sr level database engineer to join our innovative and growing team.
- Scale databases and cloud infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing customer demand
- Keep at the forefront of database technology
- Research and promote database best practices
- Take on full roadmap items, work with other functional teams, and be able to deliver high quality results on time
- Mentor junior developers
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience delivering high quality production software.
- At least 5 years of experience working with large volume databases in production.
- Experience with building data pipelines, both high-level design and the actual implementation.
- Experience with database design, performance tuning, and scalability.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, etc).
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as AWS DynamoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with big data management and data warehousing.
- Strong working knowledge of Python.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with a version control system such as Git
- Excellent communication skills
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas or considering internships at this time.