Sr. Research Manager, Partner and MPD
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people and help them enjoy time building memories with their friends and families? That is what we do here at Vrbo. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1.2 million properties listed. We have millions of visitors to our site per year and serve more than one million page views per month. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
What You'll Do:
We are looking for an experienced researcher and skilled people leader to join the Customer Insights team at Vrbo. In this role, you will design and support critical customer research initiatives to drive customer insights and customer centricity across the brand. You will also be responsible for analyzing research data to find hidden insights and share findings with the team in verbal and written presentations. You will partner with other teams to drive improvements to our customers’ experiences based on your insights. You will also help the organization figure out the best ways to connect with our customers, developing a central company repository of insights and best practices. You will plan and lead research programs and ensure good coverage of prioritized research needs.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or another related field.
- At least 5 years of related professional experience, including leadership of a research team.
- Experience leading and guiding professional development of researchers
- Experience ensuring quality of research deliverables produced by team
- Manages relationships and communications with functional Product Leaders and other business partners
- Work closely with business partners and Customer Insights peers to define research roadmaps and lead execution of research for your focus areas
- Works with Customer Insights Research leader to align functional product priorities with research strategy
- Able to develop research program outlines and plan and manage research activities accordingly (working with other researchers or vendors when appropriate)
- Mastery in several and familiarity with most techniques (lab usability, remote usability, biometrics, survey, interviews, focus groups, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, etc.) and an expert in the relevant technologies and tools.
- Willing and interested in gaining mastery and further experience in more areas; able to share and guide others in attaining mastery
- Expert in experimental design; able to plan and manage scientifically rigorous data collection and test protocols
- Expert in project management. Manages schedules and priorities for multiple simultaneous research projects across a team
- Able to mentor more junior team members.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.